If you’re a peanut butter and banana fan like me, these super easy Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Coconut Fried Bananas are going to set your mornings on fire!!! And you set up for the day!
Don’t have time or forget to prep the night before?
Me too sometimes. These Peanut Butter Overnight Oats can be made with my QUICK SOAK option. Simply leave to soak for 15 minutes whilst you make the bananas. Still super creamy and ready in a fraction of the time.
If you prefer not to have any sweeteners – leave out the coconut sugar and just pan fry in the coconut oil. They don’t go as golden but still taste so good. I prefer mine this way as I don’t have a sweet tooth. Option to also just have the banana raw.
Swap the almond milk for your nut milk of choice. I love to use Plenish Almond Milk but feel free to use cashew, oat or coconut if you prefer. I love Plenish most as there’s no starches, sweeteners or fillers. It’s just almonds, water and salt.
Which diets are these Peanut Butter and Banana Overnight Oats suitable for?
Vegan + Plant based – by using a nut based milk and coconut yogurt, these overnight oats are vegan friendly. If you’re not vegan and have no problem with dairy, then feel free to sub with regular milk and Greek Yoghurt.
Gluten free – use gluten free oats.
Dairy free – I use nut milk and coconut yogurt to make these Overnight Oats dairy free.
Peanut Butter Overnight Oats with Coconut Fried Bananas
- 120g jumbo porridge oats (or Gluten Free)
- 380 ml unsweetened almond or cashew milk (I like Plenish Almond Milk)
- 1/2 tsp sugar free vanilla extract or powder (optional)
- 2 small bananas, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (I like Coconut Merchant Organic Coconut Sugar)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (I like Coconut Merchant Extra Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 2 tbsp salted peanut butter (I like I like Manilife Original Roast Peanut Butter)
- 2 tbsp peanuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt (I like Cocos Organic Natural Cococnut Yoghurt)
- Mix the oats with the almond milk and vanilla. Leave to soak for 15 minutes for a quick soak option or covered overnight in the fridge.
- Option to roast the peanuts - my fav! Preheat the oven to 350F / 175C / 155 fan. Add the peanuts to a baking tray and roast for 6 - 8 minutes until golden. Allow to cool then chop.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan. Coat the bananas in a light sprinkling of coconut sugar and fry until golden.
- Top creamy vegan overnight oats with coconut fried bananas, peanut butter, coconut yoghurt and roasted peanuts.