Vegan Tofu Scramble, Avocado and Kale
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or 1/2 - 1 tsp brown miso paste)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp almond or cashew milk (I like Plenish)
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- 250 g firm tofu
- 120 g cherry tomatoes,
- 3/4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 65 g kale, cavolo nero or spinach, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Prepare the tofu marinade by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl (coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, almond milk, turmeric, paprika, salt and pepper).
- Squeeze the liquid from the tofu (I like to put it in a muslin cloth) but just enough so it doesn’t become a paste and can be broken into chunks. Crumble into the marinade. Leave to soak for at least 5 minutes, or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / 180C fan.
- Place the tomatoes on a non stick baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Toss the tomatoes with the olive oil, balsamic, thyme and salt. Option to slice the tomatoes in half for more of a juicy slow roasted feel!
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until soft and slightly caramelised.
- Add the olive oil or coconut oil to a non-stick pan. Fry the onion for 2 - 3 minutes on a medium heat until soft. Add the garlic for 30 seconds and then the tofu and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Add your choice of greens for 1 more minute.
- Serve the vegan tofu scramble in a bowl and top with roasted tomatoes, avocado, sesame seeds and a pinch of black pepper.