Authentic Homemade Dukkah
- 1/3 cup blanched hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp flaked sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 180C / 160 fan.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add the hazelnuts, sunflower and sesame seeds and roast for 7 - 8 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile place the cumin and coriander seeds in a non stick pan and gently dry fry on a low heat for 1 - 2 minutes to release the flavour.
- Add to a pestle and mortar with the rest of the spices and seasoning and bash to combine. Option to use a spice grinder if you prefer.
- When the nuts are cool. Transfer to a blender or spice grinder and pulse to combine. If you don't have one you can use a pestle and mortar or chop fine with a knife.
- Mix the nuts and spices together and store in a sealable glass jar in the cupboard for up to a month.