For all you die hard avocado fans, my Vegan Avocado Cream with Crackling Seeds. I make this recipe time and time again. I love it as a dip with crackers of crudités but it also works really well stirred into vegetable or legume noodles. Also great smothered on baked potatoes or, if you’re low carb like me, roasted pumpkin or any other roasted vegetable come to think of it!
This is my basic recipe but hey you guys go crazy with it and customise the toppings. Works well with any nut and seed combo. I often throw on some sun dried tomatoes, roasted pumpkin or fresh olives. Sometimes I add a good pinch (about 1/3 teaspoon) of garlic powder to the base too. Try both ways and see which you prefer.
Vegan Avocado Cream with Crackling Seeds
- 2 avocados
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp coconut aminos
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 20 g mixed pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp chilli, tomato and garlic flakes (I'm using one from Marks and Spencers or just use chilli flakes)
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan assisted.)
- Place the pine nuts and seeds on a baking tray and roast for 6 - 8 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, place all the Avocado Cream ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Transfer the avocado cream to a bowl. Top with toasted seeds, chilli flakes and cracked black pepper.