A healthy way to start the day. My Raw Cacao Beet Berry Smoothie is naturally low in sugar and sweetened with just berries and 1/2 a banana. Served two ways, enjoy simply on its own as a speedy smoothie or layer with coconut yoghurt for a delicious breakfast parfait.
It’s my latest gym refuel treat… need anymore motivation to go today? I like the banana frozen to make it thicker but feel free to use unfrozen if you prefer a slightly thinner smoothie. For the parfait, I think the frozen works better. Jo x
Raw Cacao Beet Berry Smoothie
- 150 g berries I used blackberries and strawberries)
- 1 tsp beetroot powder
- 300 ml almond milk
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil or coconut cream (I like Coconut Merchant)
- 10 g spinach
- 125 g coconut yoghurt (I like Coyo)
- For the raw cacao beet berry smoothie, simply blitz all the ingredients together in a high speed blender.
- For a layered parfait, layer coconut yoghurt with the Raw Cacao Beet Berry Smoothie mix.