Who else loves a good stir fry? They’re quick and easy but can sometimes end up a bit squelchy or bland. Well not this one! This Tofu Stir Fry is crisp, crunchy uses courgette and carrot noodles instead of grain based noodles for a lighter dinner choice. Plus you’ll get lots of extra nutrients from all that lovely veg.
Using courgette and carrot noodles also makes this Tofu Stir Fry grain and gluten free.
How to make courgette and Carrot noodles
You can make your veggie noodles using a spiralizer or a julienne peeler.
Cut off the ends of the carrots and courgette, peel the carrots and then make the noodles. Easy!
The best sugar free stir fry sauce
I love this super easy stir fry sauce because it doesn’t contain any added sugar or sweeteners. It’s naturally sweet thanks to the coconut aminos (which is made from the sap of the coconut tree) and packed with lots of good for your gut ginger and garlic.
Additional sauce flavourings you could try
You can even add 1 tbsp of lime juice if you like a zesty kick, or a pinch of chili flakes. Try and get toasted sesame oil if you can, it makes all the difference. It’s not the same with untoasted sesame.
Top with toasted cashews and sesame seeds and you’ve a super tasty healthy dinner ready in under 20 minutes.
Courgette and Carrot Noodle Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 packet firm tofu (396g)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, peeled (130g)
- 1 medium courgette (140g)
- 80 g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 75 g kale or spinach, chopped
Sugar free stir fry sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated (15g)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 40 g cashews
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 - 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Remove the tofu from the packet. Rinse in cold water and pat dry using kitchen paper. Slice into strips or cubes about 1 - 2 cm thick. Sprinkle with paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Add 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil to a non stick frying pan and saute the tofu on a medium heat for about 6 minutes (4 minutes on one side and then carefully flip using a spatula) or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Make the carrot and courgette noodles using either a spiraliser or julienne peeler.
- In a clean frying pan, toast the cashew nuts on a medium / low heat until golden. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Option to roast in the oven if you prefer. (180fan / 200C / 400F for about 6 - 8 minutes.)
- Add the dressing to the frying pan. Heat on a medium flame and toss through the zoodles, kale, sugar snaps and tofu until warmed through, about 1 - 2 minutes. (Option to add the tofu at the end if you prefer.)
- Top this easy vegan Tofu Stir Fry with cashew nuts, sesame seeds and fresh coriander to serve.