Courgette and Carrot Noodle Tofu Stir Fry
- 1 packet firm tofu (396g)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 2 medium carrots, peeled (130g)
- 1 medium courgette (140g)
- 80 g sugar snap peas, sliced
- 75 g kale or spinach, chopped
Sugar free stir fry sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated (15g)
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 40 g cashews
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 - 3 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Remove the tofu from the packet. Rinse in cold water and pat dry using kitchen paper. Slice into strips or cubes about 1 - 2 cm thick. Sprinkle with paprika and a pinch of salt.
- Add 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil to a non stick frying pan and saute the tofu on a medium heat for about 6 minutes (4 minutes on one side and then carefully flip using a spatula) or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Make the carrot and courgette noodles using either a spiraliser or julienne peeler.
- In a clean frying pan, toast the cashew nuts on a medium / low heat until golden. Remove from the pan and allow to cool. Option to roast in the oven if you prefer. (180fan / 200C / 400F for about 6 - 8 minutes.)
- Add the dressing to the frying pan. Heat on a medium flame and toss through the zoodles, kale, sugar snaps and tofu until warmed through, about 1 - 2 minutes. (Option to add the tofu at the end if you prefer.)
- Top this easy vegan Tofu Stir Fry with cashew nuts, sesame seeds and fresh coriander to serve.