Vegan Cauliflower Wings
The perfect meat-free alternative to a fast food favourite; low carb, crispy baked cauli-wings. I’ve developed this recipe using only whole-food, plant-based ingredients. Just cauliflower, seeds, a few spices and a good drizzling of olive oil.
- 1 medium cauliflower (approx 420g of florets)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flax meal
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds toasted
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1.5 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 cup white cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 small fennel, finely shredded
- 1 small courgette, thin ribbons (I used a julienne peeler)
- 1 - 2 spring onions, finely diced
- Small handful fresh corainder, finely chopped
- Optional pinch of salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan.
- Add the flax, sesame, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Italian herbs, paprika to a medium bowl adn mix to combine. Add 8 tbsp of water, mix and leave to rest for a few minutes to thicken.
- Coat each cauliflower floret in batter. Add a little more water if it starts to thicken too much.
- Place the Vegan Cauliflower Wings on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Generously coat each wing in olive oil. Bake in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes or until golden and the cauliflower is cooked through. Turn after 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the slaw. Add the mayo to a bowl and stir through the mustard. Add all the rest of the slaw ingredients and mix well to combine. Season to taste.
Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.1g | Protein: 11.7g | Fat: 37.7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Fiber: 11.4gPrint Recipe