Spicy Roasted Cauliflower
Bright, poppy colours, vibrant flavours and a whole lot of veggie goodness. This spicy roasted cauliflower mix is set to become your new favourite recipe.
- 1 large cauliflower (600g florets)
- 1.5 tbsp zaatar
- 2/3 tsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado
- 1.5 tbsp vegan pesto
- 1 - 2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 - 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup spicy beet sauerkraut or sauerkraut of your favourite flavour (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl and toss with spices, oil, salt and pepper. Wear gloves if you have painted nails to avoid the turmeric staining your fingers! Massaging in the spices and oil in with your hands is crucial to getting the best flavour.
- Place the cauliflwoer on the baking tray and roast for 25 minutes. Add the pumpkin seeds and roast for a further 5 minutes.
- Bliz the avocado and pesto toeger with lemon juice and salt using a hand stick blender. Option to mash with a fork if you don't have one.
- Serve roasted caulifower with pumpkin seeds, avocado pesto and spicy beet kraut. Option to squeeze over more lemon if you like.
Nutrition (per serving)
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.7g | Protein: 8.7g | Fat: 26.4g | Saturated Fat: 4.1g | Fiber: 10.5g | Sugar: 6.7gPrint Recipe