Courgette Noodle and Shredded Sprout Salad with Dijon Dressing
- 500 g brussels sprouts
- 1.5 large courgettes
- 1 - 2 small beetroot
- 50 g sugar snap peas
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 10 g fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Good pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180C (fan assisted) 200C / 400F.
- Shred the sprouts using a mandoline or food processor with a shredding blade. Careful of your fingers if using a mandoline and keep the stalks on to protect them. Discard the stalks for the salad though. If using a food processor, remove the stalks first.
- Peel and finely slice the beetroot. I used a mandoline to get nice thin even slices. Option to roast the beetroot in the oven for about 10 - 15 minutes with 1 tsp of olive oil and a pinch of salt (180C fan assisted) until soft or enjoy raw. Cooking time will vary depending on how fine you slice the beetroot so keep an eye on it.
- Make the courgette noodles using a spiraliser or you can make using a julienne peeler if you prefer.
- Place the seeds on a baking tray and roast in the oven for 6 - 8 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Mix the dressing together in a small bowl.
- De-stone, peel and chop the avocado into chunks. Finely chop the parsley.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large sauce pan. Add the brussels sprouts and fry for 1 - 2 minutes to soften. Don't over cook as you want them el dente. Remove from the heat and place to one side.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil or coconut oil in the sauce pan and gently toss the noodles for 1 minute to soften slightly.
- In a serving bowl, toss the brussels sprouts, courgette noodles, avocado, seeds, parsley and dressing together. Top with beetroot.