Easy Vegan Roasted Cauliflower, Chickpea and Avocado Salad
- 2 cauliflowers (1kg florets)
- 3 tsp curry powder (I like Waitrose)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (or 2 tsp ginger powder)
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- 3/4 - 1 tsp sea or Pink Himalayan Salt or to taste
- 1/3 tsp cracked black pepper
- 8 tbsp unsweetened cashew milk or almond milk (I like Plenish)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (plus a little for drizzling if you like)
- 1 carton ready to eat chickpeas (380g)
- 2 large avocados
- 50 g watercress or rocket
- 30 g pine nuts or flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / 180C fan.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the spices, salt, pepper, cashew milk and olive oil in a little bowl.
- Place the cauliflower florets on a baking tray. Toss with the marinade and roast for 30 - 35 minutes. Add the chickpeas and roast for a further 10 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile place the pine nuts or flaked almonds on a baking tray. Roast for 6 - 8 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Allow for the cauliflower and chickpeas to cool slightly (so the watercress doesn’t wilt) and toss with the watercress, wedges of avocado and nuts. Option to serve as a warm salad if you prefer and drizzle with a little extra olive oil.