Roasted Corn and Chickpea Salad
- 260 g sweetcorn (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 packet cooked chickpeas (230g drained)
- 1 cup kale, shredded
- 2.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 tsp paprika
- Chilli flakes, to taste
- Good pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 - 1 tbsp lime juice, to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 - 3 tbsp fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / 180 fan.
- Place the sweetcorn and chickpeas on a parchment lined baking tray. If using fresh sweetcorn, remove the kernels from the stalk using a sharp knife. If using frozen, thaw in a cup of hot water then drain and pat dry using kitchen roll.
- Add 1.5 tbsp of olive oil, 1/3 tsp of paprika, a good pinch of sea salt flakes and chilli. Toss well.
- Bake in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until to your linking. If you want them crispier, turn off the oven after this time and leave in the oven with the heat off for a further 10 - 15 minutes to crisp up more.
- Meanwhile, place all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Shred the kale. I like to use a food processor with an 'S' blade so it's nice and fine but you can just chop if you prefer. Massage with 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Slice or finely cube the avocado.
- Mix the kale, sweetcorn and chickpeas, avocado and dressing together and serve. Option to toss through chopped coriander or parsley.