Hey guys, have I got a treat for you today. My Vegan Better than Greek Salad. I love how speedy and simple this salad is to prepare and yet so utterly delicious. It’s grain free, low carb and full of healthy fats thanks to the nut cheese and avocado which will help to keep your blood sugar levels stable and stop you reaching for the snack drawer between meals.
Greek Salad Goes Vegan
When I make this for myself I like to use vegan cheese (my latest favourite is from New Roots because it’s just cashews, water, vegan cultures and salt… no legumes or binders which can play havoc with your gut) but it also tastes delicious with feta if you can tolerate dairy. I make variations of both depending on who i’m cooking for.
REBALANCE YOUR GUT, BODY AND MIND
I’ll be making a vegan version on the retreat in October at Wild View Retreat. There’s a few places left if you’d love to come and join me. It’s set in the peace and tranquility of a stunning mountain wilderness in Corgas Bravas, Algarve, Portugal. Breath taking uninterrupted 360° wild views with no towns, no houses, no roads, no people for as far as the eye can see!
Join me for a week of rebalancing yoga with Mollie Mendoza from Unmind, live music from singer songwriter Sam Garret and delicious plant based, vegan food like this Vegan Greek Salad from me to reset your gut and restore your energy levels.
What’s more there’s the most incredible yoga deck, an infinity pool, and as a thank you for all your amazing support, use the code WVR20 at the checkout for 20% off.
Better Than Greek Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved (175g)
- 1 cucumber
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 12 pitted black olives
- 100g cashew cheese or 150g feta if you're not dairy free (I like New Roots)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Good pinch of cracked black pepper
- Chop the cucumber in half lengthways and remove the seeds with a spoon. Slice the cucumber.
- Add the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, olives, avocado, fresh oregano leaves, mint and nut cheese or feta to a mixing bowl.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Add the dressing to the Vegan Better Than Greek Salad and mix well.
- Chill in the fridge before serving.