Roasted Vegetable Warm Winter Salad
- 3 beetroot (290g)
- 1 tsp balsamic (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 small pumpkin or butternut squash (225g)
- 1 red onion (100g)
- 3 - 4 medium carrots (280g)
- 5 baby courgettes
- 50 g kale
- 50 g pumpkin seeds
- 3 - 4 fresh sprigs of thyme
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut aminos (optional)
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Pinch of cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / 180C fan.
- Peel the beetroot, pumpkin (if not using a variety like Hokkaido or Delicata where you can eat the skin) and carrots. Chop into wedges and slice the mini courgettes in half.
- Place the beetroot on one baking tray with olive oil, salt and optional 1 tsp of balsamic. Roast for 30 - 40 minutes.
- On a clean baking tray add the pumpkin, carrots and courgettes, toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil, a pinch of salt, thyme sprigs and roast for 30 - 40 minutes until soft and caramalised.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Blitz the kale in a food processor using the S blade or chop fine. Massage 1/2 the dressing into the kale and allow to stand.
- Meanwhile place the pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and roast for about 7 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Toss everything together with the remaining dressing and serve.