Why is it somedays you can slave away preparing a recipe and others, boom 15 minutes flat and it’s prepared, cooked and photographed! I literally shot this a few minutes ago and it’s so incredibly delicious, I just couldn’t wait to share it with you.
Grilled Lettuce… really?
Oh YES guys! I never got the appeal myself either.. until I tried it. Crispy and just oozing with lots of lovely olive oil flavour and dressed to impress in a simple lemon tahini.
Pair with whatever protein you fancy, perhaps grilled salmon or crispy tofu if you’re vegan.
This Chargrilled Baby Gem with Lemon Tahini is ready in 10 minutes flat. Minimal fuss, maximum taste. Boom! Now off to tackle the cleaning i’ve been procrastinating for the last week. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Chargrilled Baby Gem with Lemon Tahini
- 2 baby gem, cos or romaine lettuce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Flaked sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 small lemon, halved
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of lemon, from the chargrilled lemon above, to taste
- Pinch of flaked sea salt or Pink Himalayan salt, or to taste to taste
- 1 tsp - tbsp water depending how thick your tahini is
- 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat a griddle pan on medium-high.
- Cut the baby gem lettuce in half, or quarters if you prefer.
- Rub 2 tbsp of olive oil over the lettuce, using your fingers or a pastry brush, and season with salt and pepper.
- Chargrill for about 2 - 3 minutes per side until crisp and you can see the char marks. Slice the lemon in half and grill for about 2 - 3 minutes too until slightly charred in the centre. Allow the lemon to cool slightly before adding to the tahini.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a bowl and mix with a balloon whisk until smooth. Using a whisk stops the dressing splitting, unlike when using a spoon.
- Plate the lettuce and drizzle with lemon tahini, 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, sesame seeds and optional extra seasoning.