Dukkah Roasted Carrots with Popped Lentils
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 500 g baby carrots
- 2 + 3/4 tbsp dukkah (See my Authentic Homemade Dukkah recipe, linked above)
- 250 g pre-cooked puy lentils (I like Merchant Gourmet)
- 125 g coconut yoghurt (or Greek, if you're not vegan) (I like Coyo)
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Salt and Pepper to taste (optional as there is salt in the Dukkah)
- Place the olive oil in a non stick pan. Heat on a low / medium heat until warm. Do not burn.
- Add the paprika and chilli flakes and immediately turn off the heat. Set aside whilst you make the carrots.
- Preheat the oven to 400F / 200C / 180 fan.
- Slice the baby carrots lengthways, or leave whole if they're small.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add the carrots and toss with 2 tbsp of spiced oil and 2 tbsp of homemade dukkah.
- Roast in the oven for 20 - 25 minutes until the carrots are soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, line another baking tray with greaseproof paper and add the cooked lentils plus the remaining 1 tbsp of spiced oil. Toss to combine and roast in the oven for 15 - 25 minutes until crispy.
- The reason I separate the Dukkah Roasted Carrots and Popped Lentils on separate baking trays is to let the lentils crisp up more but you can combine if you prefer.
- Serve with coconut yogurt (or Greek Yoghurt if you're not dairy Free) and about 3/4 tbsp of extra Dukkah. Option to add additional salt and pepper to taste.