If you’ve ever visited my blog or instagram before, you’ll know how much I love a good dressing. I’m obsessed! They’re such an easy way to pack some extra flavour into your salads and veggies, as well as a good dose of healthy fats and nutrients.
This Lemon Tahini Dressing absolutely doesn’t disappoint! Something a little different from the norm; zingy lemon and nutty tahini make for a creamy-smooth dressing that’s absolutely exploding with flavour.
If you’re not familiar with tahini, it’s a paste made from hulled sesame seeds. It’s got a consistency similar to runny peanut butter, and an earthy, nutty flavour. It’s creaminess compliments salads, veggies and grain bowls perfectly. Likewise, it’s also delicious drizzled over tofu or halloumi. The addition of lemon juice brings those fresh citrus notes, providing the flavour lift that this dressing needs, plus I love to add a little dijon for extra oomph.
Depending on the brand and how old your tahini is, you will need to thin with 1 – 4 tbsp of water, almond or cashew milk. Nut milks add even more creaminess, water is fine though too.
Don’t feel like you’re just restricted to salads with this dressing – the world is your oyster… or at least the kitchen is! Not only is this Lemon Tahini Dressing recipe packed with flavour, it’s also super versatile. Add to your favourite recipes for an added burst of flavour. Here’s just some ideas…
- Roasted aubergine (eggplant for those of you from across the pond) – this dressing is just the thing to liven up a soft and smoky roasted aubergine. Top with a sprinkling of pomegranate for a pop of sweetness and some fresh parsley.
- Tofu salad; my personal choice! This lemon tahini dressing is perfect alongside any lean protein.
- Falafel; sub this dressing for a dip if you’re looking for something a little different. They flavours of the falafel and the dressing will compliment each other really well.
- Cauliflower – throw some cauliflower in the oven or air fryer for some crispy cauli-wings or roast up some steaks. This dressing will make a delicious dairy free coating, dip or drizzle.
- Grain bowls with halloumi; melty grilled halloumi, soft grains, and a zingy tahini dressing… need I say any more? Vegan, try vegan halloumi, that’s so good too.
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon
- Salt + black pepper to taste
- 1 - 4 tbsp water or almond milk to thin (depends on how old your tahini is, the brand and also how thick you like your dressing)
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use a hand whisk to combine until smooth. This will stop the dressing splitting. Adjust consistency with water or almond milk.