Cheesy Vegan Shoestring Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 medium sweet potatoes (1.2kg)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 4 - 6 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 2 tsp dried)
- 4 - 6 springs fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan or sea salt (or to taste)
- 3 - 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Preheat the oven to 425F / 220C / 200 fan.
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Option to peel too if you prefer. Slice into thin fries about 6mm in diameter.
- Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper. Add the sweet potato fries and toss with the olive oil and salt. Cook for 30 - 40 minutes until soft.
- Add the rosemary, thyme and nutritional yeast. Toss well to coat and cook for a further 5 minutes until golden and slightly crisp. Note, if using fresh herbs, pull off some of the herbs from the stems before roasting and mix.