One of my absolute favourite easy side dishes, this Super Simple Roasted Cauliflower with Crispy Capers and Lemony Vinaigrette is minimal effort and maximum taste guys.
Why adding olives and capers makes this Roasted Cauliflower Salad super tasty
I love to add capers and torn buttery olives to add maximum flavour and a nice saltiness without adding lots of extra salt. I love both Oloves basil olives and The Real Olive Company’s nochellara olives but you can use any you like or simply leave out and just use capers.
Roasting the olives and capers until slightly crisp adds a special dimension to a simple roasted cauliflower and complements the lemon dressing just perfectly.
What to serve this Roasted Cauliflower with
This Super Simple Roasted Cauliflower works so well with any protein you like, so some crispy tofu if you’re vegan or simple roast chicken or salmon is my go to for a wholefoods dinner. Throw it into a salad, some rice or even on top of your favourite soup as an easy and nutritious way to add more veggies into your day.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
Super Simple Roasted Cauliflower with Crispy Capers and Lemony Vinaigrette
- 1 large cauliflower (600g florets)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 tbsp mini capers (or large capers, chopped)
- 8 - 10 pitted green olives, torn (optional)
- Juice of 1/3 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, mint or coriander or a mix
- Zest of 1/2 - 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 180 fan.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Place the cauliflower florets (about 2 cm in size) on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Toss with the dressing.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is golden and the capers and olives are slightly crispy. Toss with fresh herbs, lemon zest and optional salt and pepper if you like.