If you’re looking for a healthy low carb rice alternative packed full of flavour this Turmeric, Ginger and Lime Cauliflower Rice promises not to disappoint.
It’s been a mission of mine for quite some time to master the art of the perfect cauliflower rice and guys, I think i’ve finally nailed it. It’s all down to what I call the 3 S’s… Steam, Squeeze and Saute.
How to cook the perfect Cauliflower Rice
First, steam or microwave the cauliflower rice for 3 – 5 minutes until soft. Allow to cool slightly, transfer to a muslin cloth and squeeze out the excess water, then saute in your chosen oil with seasoning and flavourings. It’s my way to the perfect cauliflower rice every time. No squelchy soggy rice or over oiled ever again!
Today one of my favourite flavour combinations to date. This Turmeric, Ginger and Lime Cauliflower Rice is anti-inflammatory and keto, paleo, AIP, vegan and whole30 friendly, and ready in just 15 minutes! Total new weekday winner dinner.
WHAT NEXT FOR VEGETABLE RICES?
I’m thinking of creating more healthy veggie ‘rice’ dishes as a fun way to get more vegetables in to your diet. What would you like to see more rices made from? Broccoli, celeriac, carrot, pumpkin or cauliflower? Jo x
Turmeric, Ginger and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut oil (I like Coconut Merchant Turmeric Coconut Oil)
- 1 small onion or leek, finely chopped
- 8 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large cauliflower (750g florets only)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Juice and lime of 1 lime
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Remove the stem and leaves from the cauliflower. Place the florets into a food processor and pulse using the 'S' blade until it resembles a rice consistency.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a metal steamer in 1cm of water and cook on high for 3 - 5 minutes (or microwave on medium/ high for 5 minutes) or until soft. Allow to cool slightly and transfer to a muslin cloth or thin, clean tea towel. Squeeze out the excess water. This is the magic step that will make it fluffy!
- In a pan, heat 1 - 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. ( I like 2!) Add the onion or leek and fry on a medium/ low heat for 3 - 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a further 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and turmeric and fry for 1 more minute. Fluff up with a fork and mix well.
- Mix the sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime juice and zest together in a small bowl.
- Stir the dressing through the Turmeric, Ginger and Lime Cauliflower Rice and season with salt to taste. Option to add cracked black pepper if you like.