Turmeric, Ginger and Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 - 2 tbsp coconut oil (I like Coconut Merchant Turmeric Coconut Oil)
- 1 small onion or leek, finely chopped
- 8 cm fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large cauliflower (750g florets only)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- Juice and lime of 1 lime
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Remove the stem and leaves from the cauliflower. Place the florets into a food processor and pulse using the 'S' blade until it resembles a rice consistency.
- Place the cauliflower rice in a metal steamer in 1cm of water and cook on high for 3 - 5 minutes (or microwave on medium/ high for 5 minutes) or until soft. Allow to cool slightly and transfer to a muslin cloth or thin, clean tea towel. Squeeze out the excess water. This is the magic step that will make it fluffy!
- In a pan, heat 1 - 2 tablespoons of coconut oil. ( I like 2!) Add the onion or leek and fry on a medium/ low heat for 3 - 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and saute for a further 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower rice and turmeric and fry for 1 more minute. Fluff up with a fork and mix well.
- Mix the sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime juice and zest together in a small bowl.
- Stir the dressing through the Turmeric, Ginger and Lime Cauliflower Rice and season with salt to taste. Option to add cracked black pepper if you like.