Updated for 2020 my Minty Vegan Beetroot Avocado Dip is a Summer favourite. I’m totally addicted to this lush beetroot dip… it’s creamy, zesty and fresh. The dip of the season in my book and a great alternative to hummus.
Minty Vegan Beetroot Avocado Dip as a Legume Free Hummus Alternative
I love hummus but sadly it doesn’t love me back. We have this unrequited love affair going on. Sadly it makes me bloat and as I’m sure those of you with gut issues know, legumes can contribute to leaky gut so eat with caution… but this little fella, oh boy he’s bloat free and utterly delicious.
Serving Suggestions for this Minty Vegan Beetroot Avocado Dip
This Minty Vegan Beetroot Avocado Dip can be enjoyed smothered on pizza bases as an alternative to tomato sauce, stirred into veggie noodles, with nachos, in wraps or lettuce/ chard roll ups, spread generously on breads, crackers or with crudites. It’s super versatile.
How would you serve it?
Minty Beetroot Avocado Dip
- 450 g beetroot (350g when peeled)
- 1 medium to large avocado
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 - 5 g fresh mint leaves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- Preheat the oven to 190C.
- Peel the beetroots and chop into chunks. Place on a baking tray and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt. Roast in the oven for 40 minutes, or until soft. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove the mint leaves from the stalks. Peel the avocado and remove the stone.
- Place the inner green flesh in a bowl, along with the cooked beetroot, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mint leaves and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Blitz using a hand blender until smooth. Add seasoning to taste and top with a drizzle of olive oil and optional fresh mint leaves and sesame seeds.