5-Ingredient Keto Vegan Cauliflower Crackers
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small cauliflower, florets only (200g)
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and blitz until fine. You want this a bit smaller than your usual cauliflower rice size.
- Place the riced cauliflower into a heatproof bowl and microwave for 6 minutes on high. Transfer to a muslin cloth or clean fine teatowel. Allow to cool a little so it doesn't burn your hands then squeeze out as much water as possible. It should be super compact like a big ball.
- Place into a bowl and fluff with a fork. Add the flax meal, salt and pepper, plus any extra seasonings you choose. Kneed together with clean hands until it forms a dough.
- Roll the cauliflower cracker dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper until about 3 - 4 mm thick. Fold over the edges using the edge of the greaseproof paper to form a rectangle and reroll. Do this a couple of times until you get a sort of rectangular shape. Cut into 3 cm squares or larger rectangles on the bottom sheet of greaseproof paper, totally up to you. I used a Betty Bossi cracker roller for a pretty shape and rerolled the excess to get more crackers.
- Place the greaseproof on a baking tray and bake for about 18 minutes, or until golden. Keep an eye on them from about 12 minutes to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to crisp up.