Tastiest Healing Chicken Bone Broth Recipe
- 2 chicken carcasses
- 3 medium carrots (340g)
- 1 leek (170g)
- 3 sticks celery (180g)
- 5 sprigs thyme (10g)
- 5 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Good pinch sea salt
- Good pinch cracked black pepper
- Big handful of fresh parsley
- Place the chicken carcasses in a large stock pot. Add 1 cup of water and fry on a medium/ high heat until almost dry. Stir.
- Chop the vegetables and add to the chicken bones along with the herbs, apple cider vinegar and seasoning. Add 2 cups of water (500ml) and boil on a medium heat for 20 minutes until almost dry. Stir regularly.
- Add 1 cup of water (250ml) and boil for 10 minutes until almost dry again. Repeat this step 1 more time. It's the boiling and almost drying off process that really concentrates the flavour and makes it delicious.
- Add 5 - 6 litres of water. Reduce to a medium heat and boil for at least 1 hours. I often leave it for 4 hours, and add more water, to make it even tastier.
- Remove the vegetables, bones and fat using a gravy strainer. Alternatively, use a colander or muslin cloth to remove the vegetables and bones. Place the chicken bone broth in a glass jar. Allow to cool and then place in the fridge. Any fat will then rise to the top. Remove the fat using a spoon before using.
- Keep in the fridge in a sealable glass jar for 3 days or freeze in containers.