This Hazelnut Crunch Vegan Blackberry Parfait has to be one of my speediest recipes guys and is one of my favourites. It’s great if you need a quick healthy breakfast recipe or an on the fly vegan desert.
I love to make these Vegan Blackberry Parfait in little sealable jars and take them to work or the movies! I know i’m that sad, I take my own snack pots to the cinema, but it’s the best way to stay healthy and not be tempted with all the sugary popcorn and goodness knows what’s in them nachos!
Why are these Vegan Blackberry Parfait Dairy Free?
I stay away from dairy because I find it causes inflammation and flare ups in my autoimmune condition. I hunted for years for a dairy free yoghurt that didn’t have a sweetener like agave or coconut sugar because I try to keep these to a minimum to ensure the balance of good/ bad bacteria stays on the happy side. Then I discovered Coyo.
This isn’t a sponsored post guys, I just truly love their yoghurts. I used Coyo Natural Coconut Yoghurt for a dairy free alternative today, but you can use Greek yoghurt if you prefer. I love the Natural and Vanilla Coyo because there’s no added sweeteners making this one great for those of you like me who like their sugar intake, even the natural stuff, low.
These Vegan Blackberry Parfait’s are sweetened simply with low GI berries so are Paleo, Keto, Whole30 and Gaps friendly. For an Autoimmune Paleo version, simply leave off the nuts, or as I do, soak them overnight, dry them off on kitchen paper and roast them. This helps remove the phytic acid making nuts more digestible.
I hope you enjoy them! Jo x
Easy Vegan Blackberry Parfait
- 150 g blackberries
- 300 g coconut yoghurt (I like Coyo Vanilla)
- 60 g blanched hazelnuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- Blitz the blackberries in a blender until smooth. Option to use strawberries, raspberries or blueberries if you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 160C fan assisted/ 180C/ 350F. Place the hazelnuts on a baking tray and roast for 8 - 12 minutes until golden. Option to toast in a dry pan on a medium heat if you prefer for 5 - 8 minutes shaking regularly to prevent burning. Place to one side and allow to cool then chop using a sharp knife.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl. Gently swirl through the blackberries. Don't mix, you want nice swirly layers!
- Place a scattering of nuts in the bottom of the glasses. Layer with blackberry yoghurt, a layer of nuts, more yoghurt and finish with a sprinkling of hazelnuts. The easiest vegan desert ever and super delicious.