Healthy Flourless Sweet Potato Brownies (AIP, Vegan, Paleo)
- Preheat the oven to 355F / 180C / 160 fan.
- Add the dates to a cup with boiling water (enough to cover) and allow to soften for 5 minutes. Remove the stones. Chop into chunks.
- Peel, cube and steam the sweet potatoes for 7 - 10 minutes from when the water is boiling, or until soft. Remove from the steamer and allow to cool. Alternatively, prick the skins with a fork and microwave for 6 - 10 minutes (microwaving in 1 minute bursts after 6 minutes) until soft in the centre. Allow to cool and then scoop out the flesh.
- Place the cooled sweet potato flesh in a food processor along with the soaked dates plus 2 tbsp of soaking water and all the remaining ingredients. Pulse to combine until smooth. (NOTE, you may need to wipe the sides of the bowl with a spatula a couple of times.)
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Add the sweet potato brownie batter, level with a spatula and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to firm up. Slice into squares or bars and serve. Store in a Tupperware in the fridge for up to 5 days.