Raw Chocolate Almond Butter Truffles
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp honey or sweetener of choice, to taste
- 50 g soft coconut oil (I like Coconut Merchant)
- 1.5 tbsp almond butter
- Pinch sea or Pink Himalayan Salt only if no salt in the almond butter
- 50 g shelled hemp seeds
- Mix all the ingredients bar the hemp seeds together in a bowl, using the back of a spoon, until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the bowl in the fridge to firm up for 5 minutes.
- Scoop a teaspoon sized ball into your hands and warm slightly in your palms so it's easy to roll, not too much or they will melt. Repeat until all the mixture is used up.
- Place the shelled hemp seeds onto a platter and roll the raw chocolate truffles through the hemp seeds until fully coated.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof pater. Place the chocolate almond butter truffles on top and chill in the fridge until ready to eat.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 4 days. For a softer truffle remove from the fridge and bring to room temperature before eating. Option to eat straight from the fridge for a chilled, dense truffle. My favourite!