Vegan Cashew Butter Paleo Shortbread
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds (I like The Chia Co)
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (I like Plenish Cleanse)
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda/ baking soda
- Pinch of salt (if not in the cashew butter)
- 1 tsp - tbsp coconut honey (I like Coconut Merchant)
- option to use honey (if not vegan,) maple syrup or 3 tbsp erythritol or 1/10 tsp liquid stevia (Keto)
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil (I like Coconut Merchant)
- Preheat the oven to 160C (fan assisted.) 180C / 350F.
- Blitz the chia seeds in a food processor or use ready ground. Add to a cup and mix with the almond milk. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add the sweetener, cashew butter, coconut oil and soaked chia. Mix with your hands and shape into a dough ball. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Roll the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until about 1/2 thick. Cut out small cookie shapes and place on a greaseproof lined baking tray. Shape the leftover dough into a ball and repeat the rolling and cutting until all the dough has been used up.
- Bake the Paleo Shortbread in the oven for 10 - 15 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.