In my head this easy vegan recipe started life as a rich decadent ‘to die for’ chocolate torte followed by ideas of a romantic praline truffle cake with a gooey self saucing centre to end up as a speedy 5-ingredient Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse. What can I say my cravings got the better of me. Good things come to those who don’t wait today!
SUGAR FREE HEALTHY CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE
This Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse is super easy to make and can be sweetened to taste using either honey (non-vegan), maple syrup (vegan) or low-carb sweetener of choice. I’ve given suggestions for all three in the recipe below making it suitable for those of you following a keto, paleo, vegan and plant based diet or who follow the Whole30 or Gaps healing protocol.
For an AIP version of this Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse you can replace the raw cacao with carob though you will to adjust the sweetener to taste as carob is naturally sweeter than cacao. If you prefer no sweetener at all, you can use the juice from a freshly squeezed orange, to taste. That’s seriously good too.
Don’t forget to add a pinch of salt too, this really enhances the flavour of this Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse. Using a touch of my favourite Plenish Almond Milk makes it the perfect consistency, creamy and not to thick… just right!
If you’d like to try more super easy healthy dessert recipes from my Modern Food Stories collection, i’d definitely recommend:
Grain Free Raspberry and Apple Breakfast Crumble
Hope you enjoy guys, Jo x
Easy Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- 2 large avocados
- 4 tbsp raw cacao
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tsp honey / maple syrup, or to taste (low carb option is 2 tbsp swerve or monk fruit sweetener, or to taste + up to 5 drops liquid stevia)
- 3 - 4 tbsp Plenish almond or cashew milk (I like Plenish)
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan or sea salt
- 3 squares dark chocolate, at least 90%, grated
- Place everything bar the nut milk in a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add the nut milk a little at a time whilst blending until creamy or to your desired consistency. Option to make this with an immersion/ stick blender if you prefer using the same method.
- Spoon the Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse into little bowls or jars and refrigerate for 15 – 20 minutes until chilled.
- Option to top with a little grated dark chocolate or some toasted nuts if you prefer.