Nut Free Vegan Pesto Pasta
- 25 g fresh basil
- 2 tbsp pine nuts (or pumpkin or sunflower seeds if you prefer)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp flaked sea salt
- 3/4 tbsp lemon juice
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g lentil pasta (chickpea, pea or red lentil) (option to use a grain pasta if you're not grain free or zucchini or kelp noodles for low-carb)
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh basil leaves, torn
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place all the pesto ingredients in a small blender and blitz until smooth. For extra deliciousness, you can roast the pine nuts or pumpkin / sunflower seeds first (180C / 160 fan for about 5 - 10 minutes until golden) in the oven or dry fry in a frying pan.) Allow to fully cool before blending.
- Cook the lentil pasta as per the directions on the packet. Rinse and drain.
- Toss the pasta with the Nut Free Vegan Pesto Pasta and top with nutritional yeast, fresh basil leaves and cracked black pepper.
- Note: If using zucchini noodles simply mix together in a pan and saute for 1 - 3 minutes until slightly softened but still el dente or to your liking.