Super Crispy Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes
- 1 kg baby potatoes
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 - 1 tbsp flaked sea salt to taste
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp dried oregano, fresh rosemary, thyme or parsley
- Preheat the oven to 230C / 210 fan.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiled water. Bring to the boil then cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes until you can insert a knife and the potatoes are tender. Drain and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Brush a large baking tray with olive oil. Add the potatoes and gently crush with the bottom of a glass until about 1.5 cm thick.
- Mix the apple cider vinegar and olive oil together in a bowl. Brush the potatoes with the oil/ vinegar mix and season with salt and optional garlic powder and herbs. (If using parsley just sprinkle at the end).
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until crispy. Option to top with fresh parsley.