Salt and vinegar chips just got a make-over today guys!
Introducing Super Crispy Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes!
Super fluffy on the inside and crispy, crispy, crispy on the outside. These Smashed Potatoes are my new favourite way to cook potatoes. Plus if you’re annoyed with anyone, you can smash it out on the spuds!
How to make the best Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Pre-boil the potatoes. Cook in a pan of boiling water for 10 minutes to soften. Drain, pat dry and allow to cool.
- Mix your dressing. Today I used a mix of extra virgin olive oil and apple cider vinegar. I prefer apple cider vinegar (with mother if you can find it) over other vinegars for this recipe as it aids digestion and is good for gut health. Red wine vinegar could also be nice but I haven’t tried it.
- Get smashing. Placed the potatoes on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, and toss. Use the bottom of a glass to crush the potatoes a little until about 1.5 cm thick.
- Coat in the dressing and sprinkle with flaked sea salt. Option to add some garlic powder and chopped fresh herbs like rosemary and thyme if you like.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until crispy.
I guess you could say these Super Crispy Salt and Vinegar Smashed Potatoes are a modern salt and vinegar chip! Wrap them in newspaper and pretend you’re at the beach! I hope you enjoy them as much as we did.